Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Digital no go for FOI at Digital Economy Department.

Further to the post last week on on-line FOI applications, and Queensland's example of Smart Service, here's a little tale of frustration from an applicant seeking to pay an application fee to the Commonwealth Department for Broadband, Communications and.. wait for it.. the Digital Economy, by credit card, to be met with:
Unfortunately, I can’t accept your credit card authorisation - we only accept a cheque or money order for the $30 application fee, and so at this stage I can’t accept it [The FOI] as a valid request.“ I stood in front of my computer stunned, stared at my colleague and screamed loudly. Surely the Department for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy would accept a form of digital payment?
They came good eventually with a direct deposit option, after consulting those with it types in Accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment