- Identify priority datasets for publication at data.nsw.gov.
- Increase open access information available at publications.nsw.gov.au
- Facilitate public participation in the policy development process
- Make greater use of social media to communicate with staff, customers and industryIncrease online access to government services
The three key Open Government initiatives outlined in the Strategy are:
Progress on delivering open, online government will be reported publicly with stories of best practice that showcase the NSW Government’s commitment to transparency, participation, collaboration and innovation.
- Implementing a whole of government policy that supports the use of social media for enhanced public engagement and service delivery
- Expanding and promoting Publications NSW as the default and easily searchable repository for published Government information
- Developing best practice guidelines for the design of government websites, and applications for smartphones and tablets to make government information available in a way that suits the customer.
But the memorandum urges ministers to ensure "that all agencies within their administration are aware of the contents of this Memorandum."
"The NSW Government will be:
Government faces many challenges and it makes sense to collaborate with our community, industry and research partners to deliver better quality and more convenient services for our customers. We can work well together if we share information and make it easier for NSW citizens to have their say as policies are developed. An open approach also benefits the public service. Agencies need to know what is happening across government so that ideas can be shared and duplication reduced."
- Open in our work for the people of NSW
- Open to participation in the policy process
- Open to collaboration on how we do business