- In coming to office, the NSW Government was determined to put forward a plan, NSW 2021: A Plan to Make NSW Number One, to guide our policy and budget decision making and - in conjunction with the NSW Budget - to deliver on community priorities.
- Of the 32 goals identified, the important goal exists to “improve government transparency by increasing access to government information.”
- The community has the right to openness, accountability and transparency when it comes to government decision making and information.
- Providing people with access to information leads to improved community decision making and greater trust in public institutions.
- We will – and should - target to increase the public availability of government information; as well as provide up–to–date information about government services. Information belongs to the people – not to the government.
- Shortly I will announce the NSW Government’s commitment to a new era of open government through the principles of transparency, participation, collaboration and innovation
- To do this, the NSW Government will enhance:
- To implement this strategy we will implement a whole of government policy that: