We are committed to ensuring we meet the requirements of the GIPA Act and that we appropriately respond to other requests for information. As demonstration of this commitment, we have:Contracts on the Contracts Register and the Disclosure Log or other Open Access Information are yet to be published.
• completed, and published on the web (see http://disclosure.mq.edu.au/), a publications guide
• developed and published training material, and commenced training staff in GIPA Act compliance
• collected contractual information into a centralised database ready for publishing on the web
• aligned our internal records management policies to include the GIPA Act
• maintained a Disclosure Log as a record of information that Macquarie University has already released
• incorporated required GIPA statistics into the annual report
• received and processed GIPA applications since July 2010.
The Information Commissioner wanted a statement of commitment publicly and to staff, and a report on processes to promote compliance about now, and plans an audit in September.