Appropriate protection of sensitive information about intelligence services is necessary and important. Blanket secrecy goes too far.
- how well the intelligence community is positioned to support Australia’s national interests, now and into the future;
- development of the intelligence community over the last decade, including implementation of intelligence-related reforms;
- working arrangements and relationships between the intelligence agencies and policy and operational areas of government;
- working arrangements and relationships between the intelligence agencies and their international partners;
- arrangements and practices within the intelligence community for collaborative work, including legislative arrangements; and
- level of resourcing dedicated to the intelligence community and apportionment of resources across the community, noting that any future proposals would need to be offset consistent with the Government’s overall fiscal strategy.